Monday, November 28, 2022

something different?

As I went to take a photo of tiger parts I've made this week, I realized I had not sewn any!

THAT is how my week has gone.

I did squeeze in some time to finish the last batch of birds.


(The birds are blurry, but that's okay because Toby is in focus and SO handsome!)

As I mentioned before, I hope this is my last batch, but I'm not sure.  I found some cute little cellophane bags at the dollar store, and now my to-do list has packaging these up on it.  (Among about 40,000 other things.)

Freddie also helped finish them.


(My phone did some wacky crap with this photo, so he looks kinda fake, but I assure you, he is real.  And he wanted ALL the catnip you see behind him.  Badly.)

I've worked three shifts since I last posted - the day our "Black Friday" sale started (Tuesday) as well as the actual day Friday and following day Saturday.  Tuesday wasn't as busy as we anticipated.  Friday and Saturday were about as expected - started off slow, but by about 11am we were pretty steady.  No craziness any day really, just steady, though I miss my regular shoppers who know where things are, know what they want, and are patient.  Holiday once-a-year shoppers...ugh!

Anyways, besides all that, there were two family Thanksgiving celebrations, the associated baking required of me, chores, a little shopping with the hubby and not enough sleep.  Or enough time doing creative things!

Such is the holiday season.

But I did manage to squeeze in some time, once the birds were done (priority there, as they'll be for Christmas), to get into the cat hammock fabric.  Actually, I started with the fabrics I'd set aside that I thought would be good for pillowcases.  Since I'll also be making Christmas pillowcases for the nieces, I thought an assembly line system would be a good idea.

So I started pressing, folding and cutting...


If I counted correctly, there are 13 here.  I'm still raiding the stash for cuffs for some of the cat hammock donation fabrics, but I'm nearly there.

Maybe today I will get to sew some of these?  Most of my (today) chore list has been done and I have a few hours before the hubby gets home...

The tiger has been put on the back burner for a bit, to make room to work on these.  I'll get back to it.  (I actually want to push ahead with it, just to get at least the parts all done, but I'm feeling a crunch of other things.)

Time to go get the apple pie out of the oven and have some lunch.  (No, I'm not eating apple pie for lunch, but that DOES sound pretty good!)

Happy quilting!
Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Busy, busy!! And apple pie for lunch sounds YUMMY!! - ;))