Sunday, February 20, 2011

february UFO done!

This should have been done way sooner.  It wasn't exactly a hard task, but other things kept calling to me, so I worked on them instead.  Yesterday, after the chaos of kids, I needed something quiet.

Finish the four blocks for the February UFO challenge.


After the photo, I sprayed to get the blue pen out and this morning I got up to find a Luka-nado (or some similar force of cat-nature) has wrestled it into balls.  Ah well, it needed to be pressed either way.  :)

You'll remember it started out this way:


With the blocks pieced and appliqued, needing only the embroidery.

Yay for another finish!

After I finished, I took a nap and woke up with the stomach flu.  YUCK!  I'm feeling a little better now (about 24 hours later), but not back to normal, which is killing me.  I want to be working on all sorts of quilty projects and all I can convince myself to do is lay on the couch.  The kitties love it, though!

Happy quilting,
Katie

19 comments:

Barb said...

Love your blocks!

canuckquilter said...

Yay for another finish! I hope you feel better soon.

---"Love" said...

Love those colors! Hope you are feeling better soon! ---"Love"

Unknown said...

Get better soon...kitty therapy works wonders (at least mentally);) The blocks are pretty;)
Happy Quilting!!

Marsha B said...

Great, an early finish! Your blocks look wonderful and I love the blue and yellow. Someday I want a blue and yellow quilt. Hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Beth said...

Your blocks are so pretty. Love the embroidery.
Do not like the flu. Take care and feel better soon.

Windsom Winds said...

Wow. These are looking amazing. What a fun project! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Liriopia said...

Oh, I love that UFO! Blue and yellow are so pretty together. Hope you are feeling better today.

Liri

Connie204 said...

Love your UFO. I still want to know where you get all that time. Hope you feel better soon. Connie204

Dionne said...

Congratulations on another finish! It looks excellent.
Cheers,
Dionne

BetsyE said...

Nice job! The colors are so fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely blocks! Unique designs and love the spring colours!

JudyCinNC said...

Please feel better so you can go forward with your projects. Great blocks and finish. Judy C

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats for finishing the blocks and rest up with the kitties until you feel better!

Becky said...

Hope you feel better soon! I love the blue and yellow of these blocks!

Jo said...

I have always loved yellow and blue together. Your blocks are cute.

Heather said...

Those are beautiful! Congrats! And I hope you're feeling much better now. :o)

Anonymous said...

any ideas where I can get the Floral Breeze Joann BOM binding--or fabric to get some binding ????

Katie said...

To the anonymous, no-reply commenter above: I would try contacting JoAnn's. There should be info on their website and I've heard people have good luck with this, but since the kit is a few years old, your results may not be so favorable.
Katie