Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Love is Blind...2nd finish of 2010

No, not our quilting buddy...

This is the second dolly quilt in my series.  The January installment.



I call it "Love is Blind" because those hearts quilted around the outside are lumpy.

I know, I know, if I hadn't pointed it out, you might not notice.  But you also might click on it to make it ginormous on your screen and then it would smack you in the face and you might wonder about me...that is, if you haven't already...

Overall, I like it.

When I finished machine sewing the binding on, the kitties were looking at me like they were sooooo neglected, so I pulled out a few scraps previously in the trash (I don't do itty bitties)...




Three of my beasties wanted something.  Emma tried to help put the catnip inside.

I think they're all lost now.  It only takes a few minutes to get them under something...  Ah well, plenty more scraps where these came from and come summer, I'll have a crop of homegrown catnip to harvest.

Time to go make dinner and catch up on what you all wrote!

Katie

9 comments:

Christine said...

You're ridiculous- the quilting looks great! Some little girl is going to very lucky. I make the same little catnip pouches for my kitties and I have no idea where they all end up. The same place as socks from the dryer I'm guessing :) Christine

Beth said...

Oh I adore that quilt. Love that doll, she is so cute. The quilt is perfect with the doll. Can't wait to see the next one
Beth

canuckquilter said...

I did click on the picture to make it ginormous (you did suggest it :))and I still think it's a fine quilt. I can't free-motion at all, so you're ahead of the game from my perspective. I love the use you make of your scraps. Your kitties are very spoiled, as they should be! -Joanne

---"Love" said...

I think the quilt, and the hearts, are precious, and so is the little doll. Some little sweetie will love them all! What a wonderful project you have going! ---"Love"

Liriopia said...

What hearts? I like the colors in your little quilt. Liri

Alf and Lily Creations said...

oooh Im gonna steal your heart idea ;) Karen xx

Marsha B said...

The doll and her quilt are adorable. There is a little girl who will love them to pieces. Great idea for the kitties. I can make some toys for my sisters-in-laws kitties, they will love them.

Marsha

Anonymous said...

We have a tendancy to criticize our work way more than the receiver;) I think it's great;)
Happy Quilting!!!

a good yarn said...

Your little quilt is delightful. Don't be so hard on yourself. Your stitching looks fine. Why are we so hard on ourselves? Great colour combination. Works a treat. Relax and enjoy the process. Happy Stitching, Ann :-)