Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sherry's quilt

Last week I told you about the start of my emergency quilting.

The quilt took a bit longer than I wanted to get it finished, but life got in the way.  This is the season of barbecues, graduation parties and fishing, so sometimes priorities get shifted.

I managed to finish the top and quilt Sherry's quilt on Sunday, but the binding wasn't finished until Tuesday night.  The hottest day of the year (so far) and I'm under a quilt, sewing down binding.  Of course.

But it's done.  And it took an extra day to get a photo, but finally, here's the finished quilt!  It's even got a label!


I decided not to do the outer border because I was pressed for time and I think the quilt turned out just fine without it.

I love the variety of hand-sizes, the variety of ways people signed their blocks and even the guy who signed his "upside-down" adds variety and personality.

It finished about 46x57, which is a nice lap-sized quilt.

The hubby will take it and drop it off tomorrow.  But first I have to try to get all the extra cat hair removed that seems to be in super-excess around here.  (I can't blame them, as hot as it's been, I'd be getting rid of anything extra I could to cool off too!)

Now I can get back to work on the Baltimore Album challenge block (started) and the monthly UFO (cut out).  Maybe this weekend?  I hope to have more photos soon.

Happy quilting,
Katie

9 comments:

Marsha B said...

It is perfect without the extra border. What a wonderful quilt, I know she will treasure it!

---"Love" said...

That quilt is absolutely beautiful, and will be so meaningful to the recipient! Treasured memories are made of things like that! ---"Love"

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I think that it turned out BEAUTIFULLY - and 46x57 is a good size. She is sure to love it! - ;))

canuckquilter said...

It turned out beautifully. I wouldn't have known there was a "missing" border.

Ruth said...

That is a wonderful quilt! I hope it is a comfort to Sherry as well as keeping her warm.

Liriopia said...

Katie, you are amazing. Can't believe you finished that quilt so quickly and it turned out so well. Have you considered shaving the cats? If you do, please take pictures. (I'm laughing already!)

Liri

lisa said...

looks great! I can't believe how fast you got that done, especially with life happening all around!

Beth said...

What a pretty quilt. I love the way it turned out. I am sure it will be loved and used and treasured.
I think you got it all done pretty dran quick.

a good yarn said...

You should be very happy with your efforts Katie. This quilt will be much loved. ann :-)