Monday, December 5, 2022

a few (non-quilty) finishes

Following on my work last week, I have some finishes!


The catnip birds are all packed up!

It's hard to see here, as my camera focused on...ummm...something?...but the bags have kitties and doggies wearing Santa hats printed on them.

There may be 23 here.  There may be 21.  I thought I had 22.  I printed 24 labels and have one left.  I bought three packs of 8 bags, but have three left.

Oh well.  It's enough.

Bird catnip toys are done.  Now on to the distribution phase.

And then I went on with the pillowcases.


Pardon the shadows here.  It makes taking photos hard, but I am NOT complaining about sunshine in December!

I ended up picking up a fabric to replace the horses, as I was out and about.  But it may get used after all, as the niece who was to get that different print brought her boyfriend to Thanksgiving.  He was also at her high school graduation in May.  So I think maybe he has earned himself a Christmas pillowcase, too.  I mean, he braved my crazy family for Thanksgiving!

And more pillowcases!


These were made from fabrics donated for cat hammocks.  I decided they would make better pillowcases...to be used at adoption events as a free-for-donation item.  Each has a little card inside indicating what the print is (because those top four may not be obvious to most that they are the Avengers superhero logos), but if the volunteers don't like that, they can easily come out.  We opted for bagging them to keep their donation area tidier.


Here are a couple of them opened up.  I had a VERY hard time sewing that one on the right, being a Spartan and all, but some fool will get this and think they have a treasure.  (I'm loyal to my school, but this is also a good one, I'm just not as willing to admit it.)

Now that these are finished, I've started back on hammocks.  And I'll get back into a routine that includes tiger sewing as well, but with Christmas coming, my sewing room has been taken over with gifts, which limit my space.  We'll see where my motivation leads me - I can do a lot in a small space, or I might try stacking them higher...

Happy quilting!
Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That's a LOT of goodies - you've been busy!! And stacking them higher works for me - haha - ;))