Saturday, December 17, 2011

december UFO done

It's been done a while (I actually finished it on the 1st!), so it's about time it got its own blog post - my December UFO is finished!


Look at all that snow!
(It's all gone now - it was 58 on Wednesday...what?)
(It was back to freezing on Friday.)

I even made binding!


This quilt was featured in the Summer 2010 issue of Quilts and More and I found the kit at Fat Quarter Shop about a year ago.  As I was making my 2010 UFO list, I found the kit on sale, ordered it and added it to my UFO list. 

Name: Garden Variety
Designer: Holly Holderman
Size: 54"x60"

I haven't been doing much sewing lately, but I have plans to finish binding and labelling Christmas present quilts today.  I've been saying that for far too long now, but I think today it will actually happen.  I got up early and did all my chores, so now all I need is the hubby to keep his promise that he's done Christmas shopping and he won't drag me out to do more.  Soon I'll be able to show photos of those projects!

Happy quilting,
Katie

8 comments:

canuckquilter said...

Very pretty! Happy binding today :)

Marsha B said...

I love your quilt! The colors are so pretty and I really like the pinwheels inside the star blocks. This one is great! Hope you get to do all of your sewing today!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Very nice!! And kinda Christmasey, too - in a candy-cane sorta way! So nice to have another UFO done - good job! Have fun binding and labeling today. And photos, please!! ;))

Barb said...

Oh....I so love it...

---"Love" said...

What a gorgeous quilt! It looks a little Christmasey to me too, but not so much that it couldn't be used any time of year! Great job! ---"Love"

Lynette said...

What a gorgeous quilt! *nice* UFO :D

Queenie Believe said...

A beautiful quilt. I love the colors and variety of patterns to the fabrics.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Beth said...

Love the colors!! You have really finished a lot doing the UFO challenge. Lots of pretty quilts.
Do you have any UFOs left for next year?
Happy holidays! Enjoyt.