Monday, October 3, 2022

still no quilts

I promise I'm doing more than it looks here!

No quilting again this week.  I did get out to buy some basting spray so I can start on the tiger quilt.

And I promised a report on the homemade twinkies.  They were pretty good, but I had trouble getting the filling inside.  Operator error.  But it made a LOT of filling, so if I do this again, I think I'll make them as cupcakes and use the tool I have to do filled cupcakes and ice them with the extra instead.

(The boys at work ate them anyways, though I did get some flack about lack of filling.  They may notice they get no goodies this week as a result...)

What I did sew this week was minimal, but I decided I wanted a book pillow to hold my 1100 page book.  It's too heavy to just hold!  (I'm reading World Without End, a sequel to Pillars of the Earth and enjoying it, even if it is so large!)


This fabric is left over from the back of the horse quilt I made my niece and I was excited to use it.  I loved it for the quilt back, but it's kinda large for piecing, so this was perfect AND I get to enjoy it!

The pattern, however...I couldn't actually get the printed part for the side triangles, so I had to do some math...


It still wasn't quite right and the instructions weren't great, but I suppose if I sewed this sort of thing more often it would have gone better.

I don't think I'll be making any more any time soon, but it is working well for my needs, so I can't complain too much, right?!

And that's about it for the week.

One extra thing to share, though.  One of the quilters I follow on Instagram is doing a soup-along.  Kinda like a quilt-along, but with soup.  And no prizes.  Or deadlines.  Just recipes.  I submitted my minestrone recipe today, but there are quite a few others that have been submitted and posted already that look delicious...I might have already printed a few recipes to try in the coming months...

Happy quilting!
Katie


1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Filled cupcakes sound "doable" - and delicious! Your pillow looks great - and a perfect use for leftover backing fabric. Soup-along sounds good, too - ;))