Monday, October 10, 2022

a little quilty sewing

It's not much, but I did do some quilty sewing this week!

I decided that tiger for my hubby isn't going to make itself.  (So sad about that!)  And if I want to make it bigger, I'd better get it done sooner rather than later so the fabrics I used in the quilt are still available if that is the route I choose.

There are 155 sections.  Each section has at least two pieces.  Many of them have something like 10.


This is four of the five sections I've done so far.  The fifth is small and I missed it and didn't even realize it...this is what paper piecing does to my brain.  I miss whole sections and don't even know it.

Anyways, this is part of a palm-frond-ish leaf section.  There are a few other kinds of leaves, but I'm antsy to get to the tiger.  I'm not sure why.  It's just more of the same, but I suppose it will mean I'm about halfway through?  (I'm doing the sections in number order.  Because OCD.  And the sections are numbered top to bottom, left to right.)

The book I was reading that prompted the pillow was finished.  None too soon because the local library (well, the Friends of the Library, technically) was having their annual book sale the following day.  (Not to be confused with the library back home annual book sale that they have split into multiple sales in the recent past.)  And you know I can't resist a random selection of books that I know nothing about, right?


Not too many books, but their selection is much smaller than the library back home.  Smaller town, smaller library...  But I got a few and supported the cause, so all is well.  I have plenty more.

Finn wants you to know that the book pillow is very nice.


This time there was something hard and annoying in his spot, but he wants you to know it is nice and squishy and good for a cat.  He also wants you to know that this human is annoying when she insists on taking his photo when all he wants is scritches all over his face.

Nothing much else to report, quilty or sewing-wise.  The birds I shared a few weeks ago have been stuffed and sewn shut, but no more have been started.

I also got a message from the cat hammock lady and she has fabric for me, but I haven't coordinated a meet-up yet, so that will be added eventually.  She has upholstery fabric this time to add to the mix.  We'll see how that goes!

Happy quilting!
Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the tiger quilt come together - the palm-frond-is part looks great! Finn might need his own book pillow - but I'm sure if you made him one - that he would still like yours better - LOL - ;))