This weekend I went to my mom's and quilted with her and my sister-in-law. I took two projects, but planned to get started on my quilt group challenge quilt. And I did!
My little sister, Shandy, kept helping. She was attacking my pieces and scattering them everywhere. She's lucky she's so cute - otherwise she would have been in much bigger trouble.
Here's where things were when I had to pack up to leave Saturday afternoon. Nothing is sewn down yet, but I got a lot of cutting and gathering in preparation for applique. There will be lots more pieces on here, but I made a good start.
And of course I made my two blocks for the two days I didn't work:
by Marcia Hohn at Quilter's Cache
And today I realized I have the 15 I'll need to make the first quilt!
This isn't my for-sure layout, just how they all lumped together as I added them into the program to combine them. I'll play with them some to get them in a placement that looks good.
I have to figure out how to sash them, etc, so that will be something to think about this week, but I'm excited that it's only February and I have enough for a top! Some of them I like a lot more than others, but as a whole, I think they look pretty good.
For the next batch, I think I'm going to pull a fabric from my funky prints and use that in every block and pull colors that will play well with it. While this was nice to use up some fabrics, I realized my stash of funky prints is not going to decrease at all if I keep up with this, so I hope this modification will do the trick.
Off to go spend some time with the hubby. Between being gone most of Saturday and chores that I had to catch up on today because of being gone yesterday, I think he's due for some of my time.