Saturday, February 25, 2012

one block down...8 to go

When I finished the 30's top, I thought I'd make good progress on quilting the Rose of Sharon quilt. 

I'm better at procrastinating than I realized...


I've got one block done.
A second started.
No more progress on the cables in the borders.

It seems there's a "good" reason to put it off almost every night...errands to run after work, dinner to cook, a crazy day at work and I just want to relax...

But it's progress and I'm pleased about that, even if it's not as much as I had hoped to have done by now.  (As I sit here typing, creating yet another reason not to be working on it!)

And here's how the kitties help when I'm using the computer:


Tucker (black) seems to always be cold and hangs out on the furnace registers a lot in the winter.  Sisters Lexie (seen here) and Emma often join him, but not usually at the same time.

Alright, time to get busy.  No procrastinating this weekend!
(But my finger does hurt a bit...)

Happy quilting,
Katie

8 comments:

---"Love" said...

Your yellow Rose of Sharon quilt is going to be an heirloom; it's gorgeous! I certainly resemble your description of procrastination! As the header on my blog says, "Blogging wastes a lot of time", but I do enjoy it as well as e-mail and digging in on a variety of subjects. I need to go quilt too! Have a great week-end! ---"Love"

Cathy said...

But it is so pretty!! She wants to be finished soooo badly. Can't you hear her calling to you?? LOL. Seriously, It really is a lovely quilt, but then I love all things applique, and especially roses.

canuckquilter said...

It's looking good, even if you find progress is slow. Maybe setting a goal of putting in 15 minutes a day would be less daunting than setting a goal of when to finish, and lead to less procrastination?

Marsha B said...

Progress is progress, nothing wrong with taking your time. You don't get tired of working on it, you can work toward perfection, oops, sorry guess you don't need me to help with excuses! ! ! It is looking great, that is going to be a beautiful quilt! Kitties are so cute, if they all piled on there together they would keep each other warm. We are standing by to see your progress this weekend.

Beth said...

Hand quilting is not fast, especially if you don't do it all the time. That's my story..... LOL
Your Rose of Sharon is looking good. Just keep at it a bit at a time.
The kitties so look cozy on the heat register.
There was one of those in the corner of my Grandma's kitchen and I would hurry to be the first at the table so I could sit over the vent and warm my feet.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Procrastination is an ART and must be practiced to be perfected - haha. It is also one of the major causes of UFOs and a requirement for SLOW POKE Quilters. Welcome to the club!! ;))

Ruth said...

The quilted block is so lovely! I know it takes a while, but it will be well worth it!

Liriopia said...

I was going to make the suggestion to quilt for 15 minutes a day, but Canuck beat me to it, LOL! Seriously, 15 minutes will definitely get it finished eventually. It is so pretty!

Liri