Sunday, April 4, 2010

whirlygiggle top and spring flowers

I finally made it back to the sewing room!

I cut the remaining sashing strips I needed and put my whirlygiggle quilt together:


I can't believe I got a picture of it flying flat.  It's extremely windy.  (I think Mother Nature got the wrong month for "in like a lion"!)

I wish I had made the sashing strips a little wider, but by the time I realized it, it was way too late.  Not that I think it looks bad, I just think an extra inch might be nicer.

Next up: wonky log cabins into a top.

But first I thought I'd show a few of the flowers peeping up around my yard.



My mom, a botanist, would probably be disappointed that I can't identify any of these...at least not for sure.  But they're pretty! 

Happy quilting,
Katie

7 comments:

---"Love" said...

Whirlegiggle! What a cute name for a really cute quilt!
All your little flowers are pretty. I especially like the little blue star one! ---"Love"

canuckquilter said...

I was hoping you might identify the flowers in that first picture...I have some of those this year but cannot remember at all what they are. I just bought them last fall to try something new.
Nice quilt. Can't wait to see the wonky log cabin top too !
-Joanne

a good yarn said...

Beautiful blooms! Spring has made it at last. Your quilt is terrific. That whirlygig block works so well. Cheers, Ann :-)

Marsha B said...

Love the name Whirlygiggle! It looks great. I like the little blue stars, too. Very pretty flowers and spring is on it's way!

Christine said...

Oh I love the whirlygiggle!!! Its beautiful :) Christine

Beth said...

The whirlygiggle came out so pretty. looking forward to the wonky cabin top.
Your flowers are pretty... I can't name flowers either, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying them.

Connie204 said...

The whirlygigs are so bright and spinglike. Love the spring flowers. Connie204