Monday, April 1, 2024

all the things again!

It's nice to have a number of projects going at once so I can pick and choose and not get bored.

It's also a problem to have a number of projects going at once because it can be overwhelming to decide what to do and if you choose the funner option, knowing there is one with a (self-imposed, usually) deadline that you SHOULD be working on, you might feel guilty.

So I try to work on everything a little bit.

The 15 minutes (approximately - some days it's longer, some days it's shorter) a day 100 day stitch book is coming along nicely and we're nearly three quarters of the way done!


Day 67


Day 68


Day 69 - I was running out of ideas and didn't want to cover up the birds (they're printed on the fabric, please don't give me credit for their embroidery) and I decided on some little leaves.  I could have gone on forever with these - it was so spring-like and we need that here.  The weather has been a tease, but I'm ready for steady warmer days, not just here and there.


Day 70 - instead of yet more leaves, I added a little gold to a bird.  It might not be accurate to any actual bird, but that area was looking a little drab.  (The yellow on the trees is also printed.)


Day 71 - start of a new page.  I only sewed down the  block, but left all else pinned and ready for future sewing.


Days 72 and 73, as I forgot to take a photo after day 72.  Here you see all the parts from above actually sewn down, but the fabric at the bottom needs a bit more stitching.  (I ran out of floss and my time was more than up anyways.)  The red skinny stuff is leftover tie from mask-making.

Just a few more pages and then assembly can begin on the book.

The Two Colour Mystery step did not disappoint this week - a little more involved than previous weeks, but at least I didn't have to trim any half square triangles!


I expect that very soon we'll start putting parts together and the mystery will become less mysterious.

If you want to join in, it's still free for about another week - click the link above.

Lily wanted to help with this step:


She held down the parts I wasn't using.  For her, this is pretty good.  As you'll see in later photos, she was not always this good at helping...

The Friends All Around quilt made some big strides!  Last week I shared the stack of blocks, but this week I decided on a layout.


(Lily helped - she is getting rowdy with her claws and snagging at anything and everything, including fingers, even if it doesn't move.  This makes laying out quilt blocks on the floor extra dangerous.)

Then I sewed the blocks together.


I'm not sure if Lily was checking for an accurate quarter inch seam or maybe seeing if I needed to clean out the bobbin area, but she sure was intent.  (I gave her an empty thread spool, carefully placed where she could see it and told her it was not for her.  Guess what she went straight for?  Ha!  Score one for me, but I'm going to have to sew a whole lot faster to keep up with her ability to lose the empty spools in seconds!)


It's a top!

I found some pink flannel with daisy-like flowers on it in my stash (I'd forgotten about it, but hooray for more stash reduction) that was plenty enough for a back, so this will be quilted soon.  I thought about doing it today, but I'm supposed to meet friends for lunch, so that's as good an excuse to procrastinate as any.

I've also been sewing cat hammocks here and there, but have no real photos to share.

But then I realized...  This photo, "Seconds Before Disaster," shows them folded on the (messy, storage) shelf at about the level of Lily's belly.


She tried to jump (claw) her way up to where her left paw is and managed to drag the couple of small quilts stacked there down with her as she flopped to the floor.  Thankfully no one was hurt, but she made a good mess with all the stuff she took down with her.

The chair has been removed.  (It didn't belong there anyways.)

Bramble Blooms continues to be in time out.  I think about it from time to time, but that's about it.  I've had a few ideas, but haven't done anything about them.  Letting it percolate.

And the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for the month is yellow, but as today is just the first, I haven't dug into those squares yet.  Soon.

And a few more cat photos because you haven't seen enough of Lily yet!


This week she was absolutely fascinated with my spin mop.  I was mopping the bathroom and she was determined to help.  She not only tried to help when I was rinsing it, but also chased it as I mopped.

(Last week she attacked the vacuum hose as I was vacuuming the stairs.  She is insane.)

Big (middle) sister Salem is perfect by comparison.


Heck, she's just plain perfect.

The other kitties did not pose for photos this week, but they're all still here, making a furry mess of my house with their shedding due to warmer(ish) weather.  It's okay.  There are far worse things.

And that was my quilty week.  Time now to go finish a few more chores before it's time for lunch!

Happy quilting!
Katie

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Oh my, Miss Lily is a treasure! I love the photo of her sweet face poking the through the sewing machine. 100 pages is coming along nicely and your layout for Friends All Around looks great. Such a nice quilt and you found just the right backing fabric in your stash. Looking forward to seeing the next stage of the Mystery Quilt.

countrylogcabin said...

I'm assuming that the mystery quilt is the same one I'm doing. Actually,I'm not doing (but will do when I get home). We are at DS #3's home and enjoying our 2 grandsons,13 & 15. We're lucky to be able to get in on track meets and a violin recital. I haven't been able to do much on the mystery quilt because I didn't bring all the pieces. Going home on Thursday. A couple days ago I ran an errand for my DIL and as I was on my way home, I saw the word "quilt" out of the corner of my eye. I turned in to investigate and there was a quilt shop with 40 to 45% off all fabrics!! I splurged on some fabrics for backings or something else. Enjoyed the cat pictures!!