Monday, February 5, 2024

still just a little stitching

I thought this week I'd get more done sewing-wise, and I did maybe sew more, but sheesh!  Where does the time go?!

I made a few red 9-patches from my stash of 1.5" squares for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


No two are alike, but that's okay.  I have quite a few more red squares to go, but I ran out of time the day I worked on these.

These were my reward for working on heating pad covers for the cat rescue group.  I had lots of help with that this week...


Salem tested this fabric for snuggleability.  Or maybe she was just showing off how pretty she is?

The second fabric I found Lily wanted to pose...


...because...look more closely at that selvedge...


I tried to figure out how old this fabric is (it's quite thin by today's standards for this brand), but had no luck.  You know how internet searches go...*eyeroll*

Toby was also around...


I'm not sure if he's angry or confused here, but he does not look like his normal curled-up-in-the-poof-snoring self.  I don't remember exactly what I was doing, but turned around and caught this face.

I managed to make three covers.  I finished the first set (20 in total), but fell off the wagon for a second set.  I'm trying to get back to them, but life seems to keep getting in the way.  Not a bad thing, just life.

I have been managing to get my 100 day stitch book every day, so here's a quick photo of each of the days since my last post.


Page 3

It doesn't look like much, but I'm excited about the plan.


A little more foundation work...


And BOOM the big plan!

This doily was given to me years ago by a quilty friend.  I'm not sure where it came from, but I'm pretty sure she'd be happy to see it here.  I didn't cut the excess - it will just be sewn into the seam allowance when I make the book. 


It needs more green.


It still needs more green, but those beads took forever to sew down and I'm calling it done for now.

It seems every page, by the end, I have something I'd like to change - add or remove.  We'll see how things shake out at the end.  For now I'm leaving it and calling it good learning experiences.


Page four started.  This turned out better than I imagined.


More purple. And some stitches I'm not sure I like.

Today there will be more purple added.  I, again, have a plan, but we'll see.  Part of me wanted to just keep echo-stitching the whole thing after the first day on this page.

I wasn't sure how the stitch book project would go, but I find myself looking forward to it every day and pondering if I could do a second one or make it last longer or something.  I've also got some ideas for next year...oh dear!

Bramble Blooms is good for now.  I'll wait for the next prompt and see where that leads me.  I might add more back to the borders I worked on last week, or not.

And the Tall Poppies quilt along may or may not happen for me at this point.  The organizer said she'd pace it slowly, but it was so slow that I've kinda moved on to other things while I was waiting.  And maybe talked myself out of the background I chose.  So we'll see if I fall back into that or not.  I debated making just one block to see how the background goes, but...

Happy quilting!
Katie

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

How about that ? Lily by Moda for Lily! You have a great quality assurance team there. Lots of progress on your projects especially the 100 Day Stitch Book.