Monday, October 30, 2023

a little progress

My sewing room hasn't been calling too much the past week, but I've done more than some other weeks in the recent past, so I'm calling it a win.

I made a lot of blocks (it's all based on quarter square triangles as the block, so an easy start), but there was a lot of trimming...




...which lead to a lot of monsters.  Some units had larger numbers, so the pile was larger.  But these guys all look pretty cute.

Wanna see where I'm at with block units?


It doesn't look like much, but I assure you, a lot of sewing and trimming (and a little math) went into this stack.  The pile at the bottom of the photo need to be reassorted and sewn into quarter square triangles and then I can start with the layout!  That is where a lot of work will happen, but it will be okay.  I've done this once of twice before.  (Not this quilt, but laying out a LOT of pieces and sewing them together successfully.)  I just need to remember to stretch before crawling around on my design floor - no one wants a pulled muscle from THAT!

All other projects in the sewing room have gotten zero attention.  I did make a list yesterday of the odds and ends I want to get taken care of sooner rather than later.  Little nagging stuff, so maybe I'll tackle that quickly today before I start sewing again?

I also think I'm going to join a new quilt along.  This one was linked to by another blogger and looks quite interesting.  Different than others, but I think this is a direction my brain needs right now.  I'm not inspired to make much of anything, so I'm hoping this will jump start my creativity.  (That first step is on my to-do list from above!)

Edit to add photos of my fabric pull and constructed center start on the quilt along!

The fabric:


And the center:


Time to get busy!
Happy quilting!
Katie

4 comments:

audrey said...

Happy to have you along for the adventure! Love your scrappy center.:)

Juliann in WA said...

I love your Bramble and Blooms center!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Great start! I'm considering joining in with Audrey's BB project too, it'll be a good to use some of the "older" fabric I’ve been hoarding – who knows why - and cut it up.

Nancy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt you're making with those quarter-square triangles. I love the red and natural/white you've used.
I'm still trying to decide about Audrey's quilt-along. I'm not a huge fan of medallion quilts, but it could be fun.... I'll wait till after her next post and then decide.