Monday, August 15, 2022

mystery solved and not much else

Last week I left you on the edges of your seats regarding the mystery quilt my guild was doing later that day.

(You were on the edges of your seats, weren't you?)

Only three members, myself included, showed up to sew.  Add in the member "teaching" and another who came to visit for a bit and we had a whopping five people there the whole day.

No worries.  We had fun.

Wanna see what we made?

(Of course you do!)


It's a giant Carpenter's Star!  This is 48x48" and I'm pondering if I should make it larger.  I'll probably donate it, but depending on where it goes, size will matter.  I don't have a lot of extra fabric, but I know where to get more.  (And if I do it soon, it's likely to still be there, so think fast!)

Other than this, I didn't do much quilty sewing.  The hubby was out of town, but I really didn't have much time, what with work and chores and some extra stuff happening.

I did work on cat toys every night for a bit.  Finn flipped off the lid of the bin (it latches, but not super tight), burrowed his way into the completed toys, and went nuts.  I thought I'd gotten them all back in the bin (after getting him out), but I was wrong.


By the time I realized he had done it, this toy was sopping wet.  So he can keep this one.

I didn't see much of Toby...


...turns out he missed his dad and could be found here, on his bed, quite a bit of the time.  He even took a toy in there with him!

(But every time I went in to give him a little love, he seemed to think he was in trouble.  Silly boy.  If the door is open, you can go in there!)

The hubby returned home midday Friday and pig roast prep continued.  There are so many little details and we keep thinking of more.  That seems to take up a lot of time, but we did raid the garden.  Holy cow the cucumbers went crazy!

Time for pickles?


On one of our stops, we found some pickling mix.  Having not done this before, that seemed a prudent choice, so we came home and tackled the cucumbers.  (Thanks to my grandma, we have LOTS of canning jars - if you look close, you can see they're old.)

They are done, but no photos.  The mix said they'd be ready to eat in 24 hours, but we'll probably give them a bit longer.  We did both bread and butter (slices) as well as dill (spears).  

I did sew a few cat hammocks, though one fabric made 10 and it was NOT easy to handle, so that took longer than usual.  Oh well, progress is progress!

Today the hubby is home again (the last week of his 4-week use-it-or-lose-it vacation starts today) and pig roast prep still continues, though we are getting closer to ready.  Maybe I'll go sew?

Happy quilting!
Katie

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the Carpenter's Star - and your kitty photos. Enjoy your pickles and GO SEW - ;))