Monday, June 13, 2022

just more blocks

Again, just sewing blocks and cat hammocks.  The hammocks aren't anything new and the fabrics generally aren't very exciting, so I just sew those as a warm-up and move on.

I finished the blocks for the Positivity Quilt Along on Friday, but haven't moved any further on getting that top sewn together.  This weekend was a little too crazy for that
 
Today maybe?

Let's see the final five sets of blocks!






The quilt along has plenty of time to join and participate - I'm way ahead of the game.  So if you're interested, definitely click the link above and see what it's all about.  This block is super easy and fast and fun and the quilts are going to a great group.

I also got a few more Seeing Stars blocks completed.




This puts me at 14 blocks.  I think there are 24, but I could be wrong.  Maybe there are only 20?  Whatever the case, it seems the bin is never going to be empty of star parts.

Just keep sewing!

While I have been sewing, the kitties have been outside a lot, in their safe little enclosure (that the chipmunks have apparently finally learned is NOT a safe space!), but sometimes they come up to check on me.


Freddie, who never photographs well, likes to lay upside down behind my chair.  Okay, lets be real.  He likes to lay upside down wherever he chooses to flop, but when he is in the sewing room, it is a little closer to a chair on wheels than I think is wise.  But for this photo, he rolled over and glared at me.  Seems right.


Toby also does not like to pose cute for photos.  He always moves when he senses the camera, thinking his less-than-adorable poses will stop me.  The used to, but I've gotten wise to his shenanigans.  Here he is demonstrating that, unlike human men, he can multi-task.  He is having a bath, making sure the catnip fishy is under control and, of course, supervising my sewing.  (I'm not sure what he would do in the event that my sewing became less productive, but it sure seems like he is checking on me!)

So though there are blocks to share, not much else is new.  This morning has been a mess.  I tried to return pop bottles as part of my grocery shopping trip, only to find the bottle return room is closed for repairs.  So I took them to another store, planning to stop for some pumpkin puree made for kitties at a local pet store which wasn't so much out of the way now, only to find the pet store didn't open for another 25 minutes.  It was close to home, but sheesh!

Good thing the cookies I baked for work turned out okay.  (I tried one just to be sure - nothing like a chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips for a power breakfast!)

My guild sewing day is today and I'm debating going.  Lots of factors to consider, but I did get up and get dressed for leaving the house already, so maybe since I'm already wearing pants?

Hmmm...

Happy quilting!
Katie

PS The hubby has the next two weeks off.  I think he believes I sit on the couch, staring at the walls, when he is not here.  I do not.  There are chores.  And so many things.  So I might go bananas soon.  He is off fishing right now, which is a blessing.  Please, Mother Nature, give us good fishing weather!  (I love him, but I have figured out my own routines in the past four years of working only part-time, and I do not want to spend every waking minute wandering around Menard's with him, okay?!)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Great blocks, Katie. I'm looking forward to seeing how you put the positivity blocks together.
What is it with cats? My daughter's cats don't like to pose, either. (I thought it was just her cats.)
I had to laugh at your P.S. It's such a transition when husbands retire or have time off with no family events planned. I don't think they have a clue what is involved in managing a home and keeping it running smoothly. I hope you have some fun times together while he's off.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Just keep sewing! - ;))

Marsha B said...

Your blocks all look great and the kitties are adorable as usual! ! !