Monday, June 6, 2022

blocks!

Lots of sewing this week!

Lots of hammocks, but also lots of blocks!

I started on the Positivity Quilt Along blocks last week and got eight made.  This week I got four more sets of eight made!  This puts me at the halfway point.





The yellow is not all the same - the other colors are.


I started cutting the fabric that represents the yellow blocks and realized I wasn't going to even get three out of that, so back to the stash.  The other two fabrics only gave one each, but that's okay.  Using up the stash is not a bad thing!

(I just wish my camera would take better photos of the blocks.  They all look off and washed out.  Except the yellow parts photo.  That one looks pretty true.)

I also worked on the Seeing Stars blocks.  As much as I hate this color combo, I'm pushing through, forcing myself to do one block a day before I get to start on funner stuff.





Four more done.  I think I have about 9 to go.  Maybe 8?  Whatever.  They take forever and the colors, again, look wrong here.  But proof that they're sewn together, right?

While I was sewing and the boys were outside (with access to come back in as they please, but they don't because there are SO MANY things to watch out there!), Gabby ventured out of my bedroom and down to my sewing room!


She checked out everything and even played on the floor with a catnip fish for a bit.  She stayed maybe a half hour and then went back to her window seat in the bedroom.  We usually keep the door shut - to keep Toby out, not to keep her in - but when the boys are outside a lot, we can leave it open and Toby doesn't hunt her as much.  (He is busy hunting other things...like chipmunks...they caught another since last week's photo.)

Lastly, at our last guild meeting, a challenge was thrown out.  With a little searching on Pinterest for ideas, I actually turned up the original challenge from Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict blog from way back in 2012.  So I've linked to that instead of explaining.  (I was looking for ideas, but got more than I bargained for!)

I went to her linky for challenge participants (a few posts later than the original post) and found this block from Alison at Little Bunny Quilts and decided to give the challenge a shot.


The challenge was to use scraps, so I made no effort to make more than one block.  I just decided I wanted to participate.  The guild is kinda falling apart for lack of participation in a lot of things, and even show-and-tell is pathetic some weeks.  Maybe this will help?

(I wish I had flipped the pink positions, but I was struggling to make my brain think this through - it's a disappearing 9-patch.)

I'm off shortly to go cut fabrics to make pillowcases - another guild project - so I gotta make this short and sweet!

Happy quilting!
Katie

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"Proof that they are sewn together" - haha - ;))

Nancy said...

I love that pink block near the end of your post. I don't have any experience with disappearing nine-patch blocks. Did you sew a 9-patch block and then cut it and resew it, or did you cut the pieces then sew them together? It seems like a complicated block.