Before I had to return to work on Thursday, I finished the secret project quilt top. I actually finished it Tuesday and woke up Wednesday planning to quilt it. Until I realized I didn't have any blue longarm thread. Phooey.
Still can't show pictures, though. Sorry!
But I have been keeping true to my goal and making one block every day I don't go to work. With a bonus block for Saturday - I ended up having to go in and rerun a test that we've been having trouble with. (The big-boss-man had been talking to the customer and telling them "when we rerun tomorrow" and then about 5pm realized tomorrow was Saturday. I opened my mouth and in went my foot...)
So here they are:
Air Castle Star
More to come!
And in my last post I mentioned my stash and that I'd try to remember to get a photo. So here its. In all it's messy glory.
The top shelf is odds and ends. Not much stuff. The lowest shelf is just a hunk for a quilt back, so not much there either.
Those middle shelves are where all the excitement is. The lower of the two contains most of my plainer fabrics. Sorted by color and smooshed into that box. (With a side of flannel.) The upper of the two contains funky prints and, though you can't really see them, blacks and whites.
That box is the "sweater" size of the plastic storage tubs - for your reference.
To some this may seem like a lot, to others not much. Regardless, it's too much for the space I've allocated, so I'm working to decrease it. I used up more fabric in these latest blocks, so it's working! Slowly, but that's okay.