Friday, April 20, 2012

quilt for Alexis

This week I finished the owl quilt!

My sis-in-law is due to have a baby girl next month and she loves owls, so this quilt was perfect for her.


It took a while to get from the pile of fun fabrics to a finished quilt, but I'm pretty good at procrastinating.  The shower is tomorrow and I can't go (I'm attending a wedding instead), so I got it to her Thursday.  I wasn't there when she opened it, but the hubby was and he said she loved it.

So soon I'll have another little niece named Alexis.

The pattern is called "The Hoots"
by Amy Bradley Designs
My version (I didn't quite follow setting directions) is about 40x50".

And after tomorrow, I can finally show what all those hints turned into.

I don't have much else to share.  It's not been a very quilty week this week, but I did get started on the photo quilt.  Because graduation is just a few weeks away.  (Did I mention I'm good at procrastinating?!)

Happy quilting,
Katie

4 comments:

---"Love" said...

I'm sure Mom and Little Alexis will both love the Owls! Now we can all look forward to your next revelation! ---"Love"

canuckquilter said...

I love the owls. I'm sure sis-in-law and little Alexis will too. Have fun with the photo quilt.

Marsha B said...

Your owl quilt turned out to be so cute, love it! I'm sure it will be treasured by Mom and Alexis, too. It is perfect for a little girl. I'm really curious to see what you are doing with those tubes turned into, too.

Beth said...

The owls are just so cute. That quilt will be loved and used and loved some more. Looks like great progress to me.