Since I will be starting a new job tomorrow (yep, the 2nd interview led to an offer), I decided to get in gear and quilt some tops.
First up, because black thread was still in the machine, the Steelers quilt for Quilts for Kids.
It's WAY too windy to take a photo outside, so this will have to do for now. It's just an overall big stipple - nothing fancy. After I took this, I made binding and attached it completely. I used the machine-finish technique and it went well this time. (I still don't like it, though!)
And then, still with the black, I decided to quilt the pumpkin wall-hanging. I had to talk myself into it, but it's done.
These colors don't look quite right, but again, too windy to get natural light.
I'm not sure I like the squiggle in the top half (wishing I'd had gold thread), but I didn't want to get too fancy and overpower the pumpkins. And I can't see it in the small photo (maybe if you blow it up), but I tried to outline the letters in "pumpkins"...I got better as I went along...
I still plan to put wood-look buttons in the black strip and loop the tag strings around them. The binding is half-sewn and the other half will be hand-sewn soon.
It feels like a lot, but I don't feel like I accomplished much this weekend. Part of me is antsy to get as much done as I can before I start working and part of me is too busy being nervous! The new job will start out part-time (3 days a week), but the plan is, as the workload increases, for it to become full-time. I'm excited to start - I'll let you know how it's going in a few days.
And just in case you were worried I didn't have good company while I sewed... This is one end of my longarm table. I had quite a few quilts and backs hung over the bars (keeps the cats off of them!) and they needed to be moved. Not 10 minutes after they were piled here, Tucker burrowed under the extra batting and made himself a comfy spot. If he weren't so darn cute, I might be angry.