I've worked two days at my new job and I like it. The people are great, the work is interesting and though the computer stuff is confusing, it's getting easier already.
But it's only part-time, so I've got some days off to quilt. Yesterday I started with a pile of scraps and a new piece of pink purchased at the quilt shop closing blowout sale. By the time I went to bed, I had this:
This isn't a great photo, but it's cold and windy and rainy and getting dark outside (which means the lighting inside isn't great, too), but you get the idea. The browns were leftovers from a baby quilt that I think I showed on my old blog. (I'll have to remember to repost that one soon...) Simple, but it worked for the size pieces I had. It's about 36x42.
This one will go to Quilts for Kids when it's done,
along with these two:
The froggie print was leftover from making myself some pajama pants. Sorry, you won't see me model those... I guess it's kinda hard to tell those are froggie faces in the circles, but they are!
The poppy print and peach are leftover from Krystal's quilt. The tan is leftover from the quilt I made for my hubby's parents (another one I need to reblog).
Actually the pinks and browns were a baby quilt for Krystal...
I have a few more fabrics I'm working on figuring out how to turn into a few more charity quilts, so more to come!
And then I really need to gear up with the longarm and get some truly finished!
Time to go get some dinner...