Thursday, May 26, 2011

on tonight's agenda

We are having the absolutely most disgusting spring weather this week.  It is 47 degrees outside.  It almost feels like the rain could turn into snow and the grey skies with it...yech!

But I plan to put this colder weather to good use!  How is that, you ask?  Well, who wants to sit under a quilt and sew down the binding when it's stinky hot?  Not me!  And it just so happens I quilted the elephant quilt this past weekend, so I'm going to finish binding it tonight.


I quilted it simply (about 1/8" inside each elephant) because we all agreed that an overall pattern would lose the design and though I really would like to have quilted some ears and tusks into them, I'm just not that good yet!

This will be a nice break from studying, too.  (My internship starts a week from tomorrow!)

And I keep forgetting to share, but Ann sent me a label for our APQ swap quilt.  I can't decide if I like the label or the card better!


I've also finished (completely!) the anniversary quilt, and it will be given in the next few weeks, so I'll do an official post about it then.  In the meantime, I hope to get the other two quilts waiting quilted.

Happy quilting!
Katie

6 comments:

---"Love" said...

Your elephant quilt is really cute, and you did a great job on the quilting! The card from Ann is nice, but that label is perfect, and sooooooo creative! Isn't Ann just the greatest?!! ---"Love"

Liriopia said...

The quilt turned out really cute! I got a label from Ann, too, but I didn't think to post. Such a dunce sometimes, I am.

Liri

Lynette said...

Yayay!! Finishes are happiness!

Beth said...

The elephants are just so cute. I think you chose perfectly on the quilting. I do hope my DD doesn't see that quilt, she will want it for sure.
Hope some sunshine comes your way soon.

canuckquilter said...

I still love those lephants. I can see why you didn't want an allover quilting pattern to take atention away from them. Good luck with your studying.

Unknown said...

Tried to leave a comment the other day....
Love the elephants;) Weather here.....90 degrees!
Happy Quilting!!