It's been a dreary, rainy day here today. A good one for curling up with a quilt and a book. I suppose you could say that's what I did...sewed together pieces for a quilt using directions in a magazine...
I started off with a pile of 660 pieces that you saw yesterday.
I kinda wish I hadn't done that math!
I sewed all day. Lots of steps...sew, press, trim "dog ears", repeat, repeat, etc.
The block I'm making is, at it's most basic, a 9-patch. But they're not just plain squares, so there are 9 sections to each block. Some of them repeat, some don't. Today I worked on the sections that will be each of the four corners - all the same, but 120 of them, enough for the 30 blocks I'll need for a queen-sized quilt. And they're done!
And here's the stack now. Pardon the messiness underneath! On the far right you can see the 120 units I completed today. The remaining units are less complicated and require less of each (60 of unit B, 60 of unit C, and 30 of unit D), so maybe, just maybe I'll have all 270 units done by this time tomorrow!
It doesn't look like much, but I used up more than a 200-yard spool of thread!
Time to relax, I think.
PS The quilt labels I showed last night have been sewn on. I plan to do a post about "Lifesavers" soon. And the embroidery portion of the super secret project was also finished last night, but I don't plan to reveal much more of that for a while.