Judy over at Patchwork Times is having a UFO challenge for 2011. I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I don't have that many projects that aren't finished, but I'd like to have fewer. So here's my list, in no particular order:
1. French Kiss Quilt in Bliss
2. Quilt from Pure jelly roll and charm pack. Rose Garden and Garden Lattice from the book "A Baker's Dozen" are possibilities.
3. Birdies on a Wire quilt from Connecting Threads (it's quite a bit further along from this photo, but it's the only one I have right now!)
4. Lone Star quilt - needs to have squares and triangles that are background added. I'm thinking something appliqued on there. (This was done using the Radiant Star Quilt book by Eleanor Burns.)
5. Basket Case quilt - needs borders. I'm thinking something like flying geese around one corner.
6. Blocks 1-4 of Lavender Mist quilt kit from JoAnn's
7. Blocks 5-8 of Lavender Mist
8. Blocks 9-12 of Lavender Mist
9. Put Lavender Mist blocks together (adjustments to numbering will be made if #9 is pulled before 6, 7 and 8 are done.)
10. Blocks 6-9 of Floral Breeze quilt kit from JoAnn's
11. Blocks 10-12 of Floral Breeze plus put top together (again with the number rearrangement if necessary)
12. Freebie month! I can work on whatever hasn't been finished in a previous month or work ahead.
And, so we're all clear what my definition if finished is: the top is in one piece. I would love to quilt them all, but they take up lots of room that way. When I decide what to do with them, I'll quilt them.
But there are a few quilts I've been eyeing to start this year, so why not list those? (Because there's a chance they'll end up on the UFO list for next year!)
We'll go with ABCs just to keep things straight...
A. Hallowe'en 1904 (oh please let me be motivated to have this on my couch by October!)
B. A Kitten's Tale. Oh how I love thee. I need fabrics, though...where's that $1 fat quarter booth at the quilt shows when you need it? This was such a splurge at the Chicago quilt show in 2009 and I'm sorry you can't see the photo well. My camera is having a glare issue today. :(
C. Tree Weave quilt from Connecting Threads. My sis-in-law made this and has loaned me the pattern. I LOVE it! (The photo just doesn't do it justice.)
D. Garden Variety quilt. I'm waffling with this one. It's in the Summer 2010 issue of Quilts and More and now I see Fat Quarter Shop has a kit...uh oh! But it's PINK and I'm not a girly girl, so if it was in blues and greens, I'd have it by now. (Oh my gosh, wait, I just went to link to the kit and it's on sale. Almost half price...you KNOW by the time you've read this I'll have ordered it, right? Please Santa, don't count this as naughty! But does that make it a UFO now? Oh dear! Well, I guess now maybe month 12 won't be a freebie after all!)
E. Celebrate October quilt. This another I'm not sure about. I bought the pattern on a whim a while back and my mom and sis-in-law both like it, so I'm considering doing our own private BOM with it...
Not too bad, right?