I've been sewing frantically to be able to show this:
Yep. Orange. And some purple-ish-ness.
I struggled with getting those corner points to come out right when adding borders. More so than the center points, which suprized me.
They're a little washed out in this picture, but I took this at night. Emma (right) and Luka (yawning, left) are helping with photos.
Yep, all 26 of 'em are done. I got all excited and just went for it. I made enough for me too! Now I can relax. (Ha!)
This months' blocks won't go in the mail until Saturday because the Post Office here has the world's shortest workday.
Now I have to put these on Flickr.
And I should probably explain the "scientist" part of my last post... I have a BS in Microbiology. I work in what is called the "Microbial Epidemiology Research Lab" at the same university I graduated from. What I do is isolate and identify bacteria (mostly from fecal samples - I'm the "Poop Queen" - someone actually brought in a crown from Burger King one day...) and then test them for antibiotic resistance. We look at changes in resistance over time, after use of antibiotics to treat infection, compare profiles found in organic and non-organic farms, and between different species of animals and then publish papers about our results. We also send out our bugs for molecular (DNA) testing and I've had a chance to work with that lab, too. I love what I do. Organization is very important and I am used to doing many, many, many of the same tests in a row, so maybe that sheds some light on my apparent-OCD behavior in making all the blocks at once. It also maybe helps you understand the right brain/left brain arguments I struggle with!
On to my next project!