Monday, September 28, 2026

done?

Where to even begin...

I don't even know.

But I'm increasingly frustrated with technology and all that it brings.

I took a break from social media for a while because I was tired of being bullied to think like other people.  People who have decided THEY are important.  People on both sides of the topic.

I missed the quilting community on Instagram, so I came back.

Turns out there's not much quilting and a lot of OPINIONS.

(Also a huge increase in ads.)

Everyone is entitled to those.  The accounts are theirs to do with as they please.  I respect that.  I respect that these people have opinions that are based on their experiences.  And I know I can go elsewhere.

But here's the thing: I'm okay with being challenged to see things differently.  To learn other perspectives.  I want to understand.

But what I'm experiencing feels more like bullying.  Don't tell me how to feel.  Don't tell me how to react.  Don't tell me what to do.

And most importantly: If you are speaking out about something, please EXPLAIN IT.  Or link to someone who does.

Don't expect to change my mind.  Because I'm surely not expecting you to change yours.  But I might.

I don't know if I'm conveying my thoughts well here, but I'm going to stop.

I'm tired.

Life isn't always perfect outside of the interwebs either.  And the life stuff that goes on that requires repairmen and change also wears on a person.

I'm so tired.

Maybe it's because I'm getting too old for this shit?

And THEN Blogger won't update my sidebar with the blogs I enjoy.

Apparently it's a thing.

The help site tells me to clear my cache and delete cookies.

I've done that AND signed out AND deleted every damn thing I thought possible AND forced it to stop AND tried it on a different browser AND even tried it on my desktop computer instead of my cell phone and guess what?

NOTHING WORKS.  Some update, some don't.

So now I'm tired AND angry.

So I'm going to go be a cranky old lady and do things the way cranky old ladies do them - without the internet as much as possible.

Maybe I'll come back.  Maybe I'll just go work on the finished-quilt scrapbook I abandoned 15 years ago.

Katie

PS I started a quilt:


And I finished a very good book:


 (I had my doubts - what with the badge of winning there on the cover.  But the descriptions were wonderful without being overdone.)

No comments: