Monday, March 14, 2022

sewing along (but not as fast as I'd like)

This past week, I have been plugging away at the new quilt, but it is going much slower than I like.

First, I've been dragged away by things like work and cleaning and my husband wanting to spend time with me. *rolls eyes*

But also, since there are no more than a dozen of each block type in the quilt, cutting and sewing are not so simple and streamlined as with a quilt that has all the same blocks.

It will be worth it in the end, and I am making good time on it, I'm just wishing for more hours in the day to use for sewing!

What have I gotten done?

The fourth set of blocks that were in progress last time I posted:


Toby thought I should show how large these blocks are because he thinks I'm whining about how long they're taking and they're GINORMOUS.


They're SO BIG, he had to wrestle them into submission before they overtook his tiny little body.  (All 14 pounds of him.)


(He usually snoozes in the poof bed behind me, but this day, he was all about involvement.)

I also got a boring set of matchy-matchy blocks done - just in a stack here, because BLEH.


(They'll look cool in the quilt, I'm sure, they're just B-O-R-I-N-G compared to many of the others!)

And then yesterday, I worked start-to-finish on these (which is the first set, I think, I've had time enough to do them this way!) and finished the audiobook I was listening to.


Finn almost got into this shot, but got camera shy at the last second.  Not to worry, he is probably up in my sewing room right now covering my ironing board with a layer or orangey-yellow furs.  (He sheds year round, but right now it's like he sheds a whole cat every day!  For an indoor cat, he sure has a lot of winter furs!)

I think I have two more sets to go, so that is where I'm headed shortly.

First, though, I'm trying to make a dent in the cat hammock fabric stash, so I'm continuing to sew whatever I can from one piece of fabric, whatever is on top, and then moving on to my own, fun stuff.

And in the evenings, I've been reading.  Well, sometimes Toby snuggles and interrupts things...


Freddie and Gabby are also very present around here, just less interested in the camera.  (Freddie sneaks into my bed to snuggle after I'm asleep and Gabby, still, doesn't hold still long enough to get many photos!)

Time to go get the cake out of the pan (yes, yes, it's "pi day" and I made a cake, but the boys at work don't care) and then I can get to the next set of blocks!  Well, after a few hammocks...

Happy quilting!
Katie

PS The last Project Quilting challenge is also underway and I'm considering my options...

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Looking good! And enjoy your cake on "pi" day - LOL - ;))