Saturday, September 10, 2011

too many projects!

Now that I've passed the world's hardest test, I can focus my non-job hunting time on quilty stuff, so here's an update on what I've been doing.


The blocks for this month's UFO.  Embroidery: done = blocks done.

I still think I'll be adding some beads once this is quilted, but don't want to have to work around them or remove and resew them, so I'll wait.


The cows have tails!  These were so easy and went so fast, I don't know why I kept putting them off.  I don't remember who suggested it, but the idea to embroider them was perfect! 
Thank you!

I'll be skipping eyes.  Pretty much everyone agreed on that choice.


Gromets and strings added to the pumpkin tags and now pinned to the background.  Even with the seam allowances taken out, I think the tags I cut were larger than those in the original - they don't fit well, but they're all on there.

I also bought fabric for the back of the Winterberry/Pure quilt top.

So the plan for today, while the hubby watches football:
1. Finish the cow quilt top.  (It just needs borders.)
2. Trim the floral breeze blocks that need it and put the top together.
3. Piece the back for the Winterberry/Pure quilt.
4. Start the big star quilt for my niece.

There's also the pumpkin project to be worked on, but while the hubby is up, I'd better take advantage of the opportunity to use the noisy machine!

I hope you're all having a good quilty weekend.  It's pretty nice here and yesterday we went into town where they're having the local festival: Frontier Days.  Lots of tents with vendors (nothing I couldn't live without) and lots of good food trailers.  I had a Philly steak and cheese sandwich and the hubby had nachos, which we followed with a shared elephant ear.  Yummy!  (And miraculously neither of us ended up wearing any cheese!)

Happy quilting,
Katie

9 comments:

Liriopia said...

Hey, I think your pumpkin tags turned out really great! Didn't know you liked Philly cheesesteaks. Delicious, aren't they?

Liri

Lynette said...

Love the cow!! :D You could always put little black beads for eyes if you're putting beads on the quilt later.

canuckquilter said...

You seem to be making good progress on all your projects. The cows are just too cute!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love them cows! (You could always use a fine-point pigma pen to make dots for the eyes - I think they look funny without eyes - but then again - it's probably just me.;)) Good job on getting all of the pumpkin tags to fit - they look great! And your plans for the DAY are enough to keep me busy for a WEEK!! ;))
^..^

Marsha B said...

You have so many projects planned for today, very ambitious! The embroidery is very pretty, I love the cows and the pumpkins turned out great! I also love Philly chees Steak sandwiches, one of my most favorites.

---"Love" said...

You've got to be one of the most organized persons I've ever known! No wonder you get so much done! The pumpkins turned out great, and your others will too! ---"Love"

a good yarn said...

Too many project? I don't think that's possible. They all look terrific! Love those cows. I have to ask - you didn't really eat an elephant's ear now, did you? ann :-)

Barb said...

You do have alot in the works... Love them....

Beth said...

I think maybe that is not enough projects. LOL. The cow's tail looks adorable. That quilt is going to be too stinkin cute. The pumpkins look so cute. I like the tags. The eyelet with the strings is a perfect detail.
Hope you got your UFO together....I can't wait to see it.