Thursday, September 15, 2011

home stretch?


I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel on the whig rose appliques!

Pinned and ready.  I even started stitching down some pieces earlier today.

These triangle corners aren't as complicated as the squares, so they'll go faster. 
I hope!

And...

I don't want to jinx it, but I got a call to interview for a job!

Tuesday the 20th at 2pm, please everyone cross everything you can find for me!

You know I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, I need to find out if my suit fits and think of the three bad things about myself because interviewers always ask that question.  (We all hate it, so I guess it's a rite of passage maybe?)

Happy quilting!
Katie

7 comments:

canuckquilter said...

I'm impatient to see that Whig Rose all together. I can just imagine how much you're looking forward to it. It is going to be gorgeous. I'll practice crossing fingers and toes and whatever else for you. Good luck with the interview!

Marsha B said...

Your Whig Rose is going to be beautiful, I can't wait to see it all finished. That red is a beautiful, rich shade of red. I'll cross everything, too. Hope it all goes well. Remember to make those three bad thing really positives. Like "I'm a perfectionist and I am not happy unless I succeed in what I do".

---"Love" said...

Gorgeous! What a treasure that will be!
For one bad thing, why not tell the interviewer that you have an addiction --- to quilting creatively? That should earn you some points! Good luck! Hope it will be exactly what you are looking for! ---"Love"

a good yarn said...

Are you really asked to say three bad things about yourself at an interview?! How strange. Of course, we wish you all the best and will be sending you good vibes. Your Whig Rose are lovely. ann :-)

Liriopia said...

Isn't applique fun? Sometimes I find it hard to get started, but once begun I really love it! Don't you just hate the interview process?

Liri

Beth said...

The Whig Rose quilt is going to be amazing.
I am going to cross my fingers now and keep them that way through the 20th for you. I don't think you need luck, you have skill! BUT a little luch never hurts right? Go get em.

Ruth said...

The applique is going to be so great! Good luck on your interview! I like Love's idea of telling them you have an addiction as one of the bad things about yourself. I think that is a stupid question.