The interview went well today. I should hear something in about two weeks, once they finish interviewing everyone else. But, I was contacted by another potential employer today, so I hope once I fill out the additional paperwork they're asking for I'll have another interview soon! When it rains, it pours, right?!
Some of you have asked about the Star Flower fabric... No, I didn't sew those curves, they were big flowers, the same as in the center of the blocks, fussy cut to fit.
(Don't you just love those leaves along the edge? They weren't used in the quilt, but I'm going to try to figure out how to use them in throw pillows or something because I think they're adorable!)
And the top is done! I have to get a photo - being 72x92" it's a bit too big for the hubby or the clothesline. Soon I hope!
And since that was done and I'm caught up on all but the Whig Rose applique UFOs, I thought I'd work ahead.
Remember this quilt?
It's called "Garden Variety" and was in the
Summer 2010 Quilts and More magazine.
I found the kit on clearance about the time the UFO challenge was getting underway.
It's been sitting there since, waiting, as UFO #12.
Since this is the UFO requiring the most work of those left on the list, I decided to dig in while I know I have a lot of time. Getting ahead is always a good idea, right? And it keeps me from starting something else new - something that isn't already on the UFO list even if it has the potential to use up scraps.
Cutting while the hubby was sleeping...
Some fabrics required a bit more fussy cutting than others...
I absolutely LOVE this fabric and it's the reason I decided to buy such a PINK quilt kit. But it was pretty hard to cut chunks out of the middle of it. Heck, it was hard to cut strips to be used as sashing out of it! I just want to wrap myself up in it and smile!
And then I worked on making flying geese over the past few days.
Ah, hello Angler! It's been a while since I tucked you away last time. You make things so much easier than having to draw all those pencil lines!
These were made with the "lost corner" technique, so I sewed a second seam before trimming and now I have lots of half-square triangles again. There are a number of other block pieces that will generate more, too...
I seem to have a lot of quilty mojo this week, so I hope to show more progress on this quilt soon.
ps I forgot to mention the new tab at the top "parade of tops" - I figure my finished quilts get their own links over on the side, but there are quite a few finished tops that get forgotten, so I decided to give them a chance to shine. And maybe it's secret motivation for myself to not start anything else I don't have intentions to finish...maybe...