Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Makayla's I Spy quilt

I've been waiting so long to post this, I nearly forgot I had to do it!

Makayla turned 2 just a few days ago and though we didn't go to her birthday party (it was just family), I gave her quilt to her mom when we went bowling last weekend.  (Mom liked it!)

It's been a long time coming, but here it is!

Makayla's 2nd Birthday I Spy Quilt


I quilted it with straight lines and that was a lesson!  (There are a few puckers where lines cross...)  But I like the overall effect.

I wish I had a better picture, but the wind was blowing so I had to snap fast!

Off to make dinner!

Happy quilting,
Katie

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I like this quilt, a lot! I'm sure Makayla will like it, too. Great job.

Sandy

Beth said...

Looks great! What a lucky girl to get a happy two quilt.

Liriopia said...

Love the way it turned out! Gives me more ideas...(Sigh)!

Liri

---"Love" said...

So cute! Makes me wish I had made my grandchildren I Spy quilts when they were small --- so much to learn from them! ---"Love"

Marsha B said...

It's great, love the purple! Bet she loves it, too.

Anonymous said...

I love how those purple and white fabrics show each other off so well :-)

~ Meagan

Connie204 said...

The quilt is terrific. I really like the straight line quilting. It will be well loved. Connie204